We have everything for your daily finances We have everything for your daily finances
Ways to open an account and become our customer
Via the app
In just a 15 minute long registration you will gain access to the mobile app possibilities, order a card delivery to your address, open a current account and almost all the Super+ plan benefits with a 3 month free trial.
You can become an SEB customer via mobile app, if:
- You are an adult citizen of Estonia;
- You are not a politically exposed person;
- You currently do not have account in SEB and you have not been the customer of SEB previously;
- You want to start using the services right away.
To access the full banking services, such as loans or credit cards, you need to apply for a video meeting or branch visit, to sign the full agreement.
During a video meeting
Choose suitable time for video call, in which you will gain full access to the internet bank, SEB app and all banking services, including loans, savings, cards and payments.
The fastest and most suitable way, if:
- You are an Estonian resident with ID-card of the Republic of Estonia or mobile ID or qualified Smart-ID;
- you wish to open a business customer account; you can open an account for a private and business customer during the same video meeting.
An account to a minor can be opened by the legal representative (parent or guardian) in a bank branch or via video.
In the branch
Schedule a meeting in the closest branch to you and receive the full range of SEB possibilities.
- You do not have an Estonian ID-card, Mobile-ID or qualified Smart-ID and you are unable to sign documents digitally;
- You are a non-resident.
Documents and requirements for opening a bank account
One of the most important prerequisites for opening a current account is the person’s connection to Estonia. Above all, this connection is:
- living, studying, or working in Estonia
- the person’s loved ones, i.e. their spouse, children, or parents, living in Estonia.
Persons originating from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland must present a valid Estonian residence permit or right of residence to the bank.
In order to identify the person, they or their representative must present an identity document.
For the first meeting, please, take with yourself:
- documents that prove private person connection to Estonia (i.e valid permit for living, working or studying in Estonia or living close relatives in Estonia);
- representative's identity document – ID-card or passport.
We kindly ask you to send the documents related to succession, guardianship, and professional clients to email@example.com prior to the meeting.
The bank may take up to 10 working days to make the decision regarding the initiation of a customer relationship and we may ask the client for supplementary documents in accordance with the Know Your Customer principle. This might include a bank statement from another existing bank.
Get more for less with our service plans – bundle of all the necessary daily banking services
Lower, single monthly subscription fee, that you can change or cancel anytime.
Bank card without a monthly fee
Transfers via internet bank, mobile app and automatic payments across Europe (SEPA)
Handy mobile app and internet bank for everyday finance management
Unlimited current bank accounts for different purpouses
Special offerings for the first steps
Children (until 17)
- Free account and bank card without monthly fees
- Modern mobile app with free payments and money request functionality
- Not mandatory for guardians to be SEB customers, but it’s handy as child’s account can be overviewed
- Youth plan is free of charge until the end of the year if you join before August 31st, regular monthly fee is 0.32 euros
- Handy app for all your needs, such as instant payments, accounts, seamless savings and first steps into investing
Account for your company
- Full scope banking for already established companies – from financing and to salary accounts to e-commerce solutions
- Startup service plan free for a year, as well as special offers from our partners
- Especially easy and fast business account opening via video meeting for SEB private customers
Trusted daily financial partner to more than 400 thousand personalities in Estonia and 1,7 million customers across the Baltics. Here’s what they say:
"simple, logical, transparent, functional"
"I'm happy with the bank, that`s why I advise, I've been in this bank for a very long time, I'm not going to change the bank"
"the cooperation so far has generally been very smooth and understanding."