A lease financing for your car purchase
Term of lease
Reach your goal in just a few steps
- Choose a car you would like to purchase
- Apply for leasing and receive an answer about your financing opportunities
- In the agreement you can choose the insurance for your car
- Sign the agreement remotely
- Make the first deposit
- Register your car at the Estonian Road Administration
- SEB leasing transfers funds to the car seller
We can give you a quicker answer if you consent to us asking the Tax and Custom Board for your income details when submitting the application. The consent will be confirmed in eesti.ee portal.
I received the car before the competing bank was able to make an offer. Speed is important today. Thank you!
Feedback from Customer Satisfaction Survey
I have taken both a housing loan and a car lease from SEB. SEB has made good offers without excessive question-and-answer round and time delay.
Feedback from Customer Satisfaction Survey
Pleasant and fast service remotely (by phone and e-mail).
Feedback from Customer Satisfaction Survey
- A special interest rate 1,45% + Euribor*
- First deposit starting from 10%
- Your responsible choice for our planet
* A discounted interest rate of 1.85% + euribor applies to new hybrid cars
Choosing leasing in SEB provides various benefits
* A second-hand car cannot be older than 16 years at the end of the lease period
Lease financing is available both for new and used cars*
Reviewing your application within 1-2 business days
Apply and sign the agreement and other related documents remotely
Individual interest rate
Insurance without a worry from our trusted partner
A vehicle engaged in leasing must have a valid insurance cover. Both, the optional motor vehicle as well as motor third party liability insurance contracts must be concluded. We recommend choosing an insurer from the list of insurance companies preferred by SEB.
Please submit a copy of the new insurance policy to SEB within five days prior to the end of the valid insurance policy, at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 665 5103
Insurance and leasing payments could be in one invoice
Requirements for property insurance
- The vehicle must be insured at least for the amount corresponding to its market value throughout the lease term.
- The insurance contract must be concluded with the minimal deductible, permitted by the insurer.
- The beneficiary in the insurance contract must be AS SEB Liising.
- The insurance conditions must ensure that any damages that may be caused by theft, robbery, fire, water damage, natural catastrophe, traffic accident and any other possible loss events would be covered with the full indemnity paid out.
- Insurance premium must be paid on time in accordance with the insurance contract.
- Insurance contract must be concluded for a period of one year.
Maximum lease calculator
Types of leasing
Suitable if you plan to use the car for a long period of time and receive the car into ownership at the end of the lease term.
Suitable if you plan to use the car for a certain period of time and return the car at the end of the lease term without selling it. If you wish to use the car for a longer period of time, you may replace the operating lease with a financial lease. The returned vehicle must be in proper condition, except for normal wear and tear. Please read the Instructions for Normal and Abnormal Wear and Tear. We offer operating lease primarily for leasing cars sold by the partners of SEB.
At some point you might need some of this
Valid from 01.09.2022
|Entry into contract|
|1. Entry into lease contract||Starting from 1% of the acquisition cost of the lease item, min €225|
|2. Conclusion of a new lease contract on the residual value of the ending lease contract||1% of the acquisition cost of the lease item, min €160|
|Amendment of contractual conditions|
|1. Amendment of contract, incl. change of lease period, change of repayment schedule, transfer of contract to new lessee, other contractual changes||1% on outstanding residual value (1),
|2. Amendment of contract due to partial early performance of financial lease contract of a private individual, if other conditions are not changed||No contract amendment fee (for fixed interest, interest difference charge shall be paid)|
|3. Amendment of payment day of a valid lease contract upon client's request||€30, first amendment free of charge|
|4. Reinstatement of contract||€ 160|
|5. Amendment of changing interstate from floating to fixed for valid leasing contract upon customer’s request||€50|
|Debt notice to the lessee (2)|
|1. Reminder of debt||Free of charge|
|2. Debt claim letter||€ 5|
|Authorisations, reports, certificates, invoices, other (2)|
|1. Unattested power of attorney, incl. for changing the register entry in the e-service of Road Administration||€ 12
Upon expiry / pre-term termination of lease contract, first authorisation free of charge
|2. Notarised power of attorney||€ 90|
|3. Change of register data during the lease period by the lessor||€ 12, state fee to be added. Upon expiry / pre-term termination of lease contract, initiating the change of owner free of charge|
|4. Processing a claim arising from the violation of parking conditions, traffic regulations, or other legislation (including moving costs of the vehicle)||€ 36
Incurred costs will be added
|5. Consent for subleasing the property||€ 42|
|6. Cancellation / amendment of redemption invoice of property upon client's request||€ 12|
|7. Confirmation of balance statement presented by the client||Free of charge|
|8. Issuing standard certificate or consent, copy of contract, duplicate invoice (older than 1 month), fuel card statement or balance confirmation upon client's request||€ 12|
|9. Issue of a specific statement or report upon the client's request; confirmation of a period turnover statement provided by the client||€ 50|
|10. Sale of the lease object to a third party||€ 50|
|11. Contractual penalty for delays in the timely return of the lease object||€50 per day|
|12. Releasing additional collateral (surety, guarantee)||€ 100|
|Pre-term termination of lease contract (2)|
|1. Pre-term termination of private person's operating lease contract||As per contractual conditions|
|2. Pre-term termination of private person's financial lease contract||As per contractual conditions|
|3. Pre-term termination of legal person's operating lease contract||Unless otherwise specified in the agreement, the fee for early repayment is 2.5% on outstanding residual value (1), min €225; for operating lease, VAT shall be added (3);|
|4. Pre-term termination of legal person's finacial lease contract||Unless otherwise specified in the agreement, the fee for early repayment is 2.5% on outstanding residual value (1), min €225 (3);|
(1) Outstanding residual value is the total sum of unpaid instalments, balance of VAT(loan) and residual value.
(2) Service fees include VAT as per Value-Added Tax Act
(3) In case of fixed interest, interest difference charge will be added in the amount of the costs incurred due to the pre-term repayment of the credit.
Borrower’s checklist and explanations for the applicant of consumer loan
Taking a loan is an important decision, involving risks. We would like to help you in preparing an informed decision.
When applying for a loan you should do your homework:
- consider for what and how much you need to borrow and what are your sources for repayment;
- submit us true and adequate information;
- make clear for yourself what costs are involved in borrowing;
- consider the possibility that your financial situation may deteriorate , but you must still be able to repay the loan;
- examine carefully all loan documents (agreement, information sheet, etc.) before signing;
- there are no unsolvable problems or situations, only different options – we are your partnerwho you should not hesitate to contact even if you encounter problems with repaying the loan.
You may ask information about our loan conditions and get explanations both before concluding the loan agreement and during its term. In case of questions, contact us via our general contact channels.
When examining the loan conditions and agreement, please pay attention also to the following:
1. Standard European Consumer Credit Information
Before conclusion of a loan agreement we provide you with a personalised Standard European Consumer Credit Information sheet, containing brief information on the more important conditions of the agreement. Please examine it carefully.
2. Solidary liability of several borrowers
If there is more than one borrower, they shall bear solidary liability for performance of the agreement: each borrower is responsible for the repayment of loan and fulfilment of other obligations assumed under the agreement to the full extent.
3. Loan currency
We issue the loan in the currency of your residence in Estonia, i.e. in euros. The currency cannot be changed.
4. Loan disbursement term and conditions
You may start using the loan after signing the agreement and fulfilling all contractual preconditions. The loan will be paid out to your current account with SEB Pank.
Interest is a fee you pay for using the loan. The interest rate is specified in the loan agreement.
The interest rate of a consumer loan is fixed for the entire loan period. The interest is paid on the outstanding loan balance.
6. Loan repayment
We debit the payments to be made under the loan agreement from your current account. If you have taken the loan together with a co-borrower, we will have the right to debit the loan payments also from their current account.
A consumer loan is repaid on a monthly basis according to a payment schedule in equal, i.e. annuity payments, consisting of the principal part of loan and interest.
7. Early repayment
You may prepay a consumer loan in full or in part if you inform us of your wish 10 days in advance. No contractual fee applies to the early repayment of a consumer loan.
8. Amendment of conditions of your loan agreement
The conditions of the agreement, incl. the interest rate, can be amended upon agreement of both parties and the amendment is usually recorded in an annex to the agreement. A fee is charged for amendments initiated by you.
9. Special conditions of the loan agreement
If the agreement contains special conditions, you will have to follow these with utmost care. Only then can you be sure that the agreement will remain in effect.
10. Consequences and costs of violating the loan agreement
If you do not make contractual payments in due time, we may demand penalty for late payment in the rate set out in the agreement. If you violate a non-monetary obligation, we will be entitled to charge a contractual penalty in the rate set out in the agreement.
Should you remain in arrears, we will first send you a reminder. If the debt is still not settled, we shall send you a debt notice, for which you will be charged. If a suretyship contract is signed to secure your agreement, we shall also notify the surety. If payments are overdue for more than 45 days, we shall forward the debt information to a payment default registry (Creditinfo Eesti AS).
11. Cancellation of the agreement and the consequences thereof
The grounds for cancelling an agreement are shown in the terms and conditions of the agreement. For example, we are entitled to extraordinarily cancel the agreement if you have delayed at least three successive payments. If you do not pay the loan balance, interest, and other arrears, we will start collecting the debt, which may include enforcement or judicial proceedings. All costs related to debt collection shall be borne by you.
12. Costs related to the loan agreement
When signing the agreement you will pay a contract fee in the amount and on conditions set out in the agreement. Please read also the price list of loans, which you can find on our webpage at www.seb.ee/en/price-list as well as the general terms and conditions of the bank at www.seb.ee/en/seb-pank-general-terms-and-conditions-and-terms-and-conditions-processing-personal-data.
In addition to loan and interest payments, you shall be charged a monthly fee for the current account.
13. Obligation to open an account and transfer the income
You (and your co-borrower) will have to open a current account with SEB Pank by the date of signing the loan agreement for the entire loan term. We have the right to require you (and co-borrower) to receive all your income in your current account at SEB Pank and make settlements with SEB.
14. Risk of possible decrease in solvency
Please consider how you will cope with the repayment of loan, should the overall economic environment deteriorate, your salary or other income decrease or your other expenditures increase.
Analyse the actual financial situation of your family and consider taking out a suitable insurance contract (such as SEB Loan Protection).
Contact us immediately if you encounter solvency problems. Also call us right away if your employment is terminated or execution proceedings are commenced against you or your bank account has been seized. Together we shall find the most suitable solution to the situation. Possible solutions include amending the payment date or granting a grace period, whereas you may also postpone the final repayment date by the grace period.
15. Complaints and disputes
If you have any complaints concerning our activity, then first try to resolve the issue by negotiating with us. You can read about the general procedure of settling disputes on our website at http://www.seb.ee/eng/legal/how-complain.
If you feel that our answer is not what you expected and still think we have violated your rights when granting the loan, you have the right to turn to the Consumer Protection and Technical Regulatory Authority (Endla 10a, 10122 Tallinn; www.ttja.ee) or the Financial Supervision Authority (Sakala 4, 15030 Tallinn; www.fi.ee) for advice and explanations.
Furthermore, in order to resolve a dispute you may contact the Consumer Disputes Committee operating at the Consumer Protection and Technical Regulatory Authority or turn to court. A complaint to the Consumer Dispute Committee can also be submitted digitally via Online Dispute Resolution website at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show.
Have any questions about leasing or car purchase?
If you have any questions or want to change the contract during the validity of the leasing contract, send a letter from the Internet Bank or contact your contract administrator, whose contacts can be found in the menu item of the Internet Bank.
For more information about leasing and related services, terms or rates please call +372 665 7910 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Annual percentage rate as a typical example
The initial annual percentage rate of charge of car leasing (financial lease) is 7.89% under the following sample conditions:
- price of vehicle, EUR 30,000 (VAT included);
- down-payment EUR 3,000 (10% of the cost of vehicle);
- residual value 0% of the cost of vehicle;
- total amount of credit taken into use EUR 27,000 (VAT included);
- interest rate 7,025% p/a on credit balance (the interest rate consists of 6 month EURIBOR and a margin of 3.99%; as at 16 March 2023 the 6 month EURIBOR rate was 3.035% (when calculating the interest, the negative EURIBOR value is considered equal to zero); the EURIBOR fixed in the contract may change every 6 months, the margin is fixed until the end of the contract);
- repayment within 5 years in 60 monthly annuity payments;
- contract fee EUR 300 is paid upon conclusion of the contract;
- the total monthly fees for bank current account and payment order are 0.46 euros.
The total amount of repayments payable by the client is EUR 32,175.60 and total amount is EUR 35,503.20.
The vehicle shall have comprehensive insurance and third party liability insurance cover throughout the lease period. Costs of insuring, possible property registration costs, state fees and price of the valuation report were not considered in the APR calculations.