Important information about collateral insurance
As a borrower, we request that you make sure that the house or apartment established as collateral for the loan agreement is insured. Submit a copy to the bank within 7 days from the date the guarantee contract is concluded. Every subsequent policy must be submitted to us 5 days before the expiration of the valid policy by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or bringing it to the nearest SEB branch.
The insurance agreement must meet the following conditions:
- the insurance must cover at least the risk of natural disasters, fire, water and vandalism in excess of the restoration value of the collateral;
- the deductible can be up to 700 euros in the case of residences and up to 3,200 euros in the case of commercial objects;
- AS SEB Pank is indicated as the beneficiary and mortgagee.
When concluding an insurance agreement, please make sure that the insurance agreement to be concluded or renewed meets the conditions of SEB as well as your insurance interest and covers all risks that you consider important to insure. For example, when insuring a water risk, SEB considers it important to insure at least against a water accident, but you might consider acquiring flood coverage important as well.
Before concluding an insurance agreement, please familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of the insurance and exclusions specified therein.
The insurance undertakings preferred by SEB are the following:
- AAS „BTA Baltic Insurance Company“ Eesti filiaal
- AB „Lietuvos draudimas“ Eesti filiaal (PZU Kindlustus)
- ADB Gjensidige Eesti filiaal
- Balcia Insurance SE Eesti filiaal
- Compensa Vienna Insurance Group, ADB Eesti filiaal (Seesam)
- ERGO Insurance SE
- If P&C Insurance AS
- Inges Kindlustus AS
- LHV Kindlustus AS
- Salva Kindlustuse AS
- Swedbank P&C Insurance AS
To insure the collateral, you can also choose another insurance company with the right to operate in Estonia, if the insurance contract to be concluded provides equivalent insurance coverage as the insurance contract offered by SEB's preferred insurance provider.
Insurance solutions in cooperation with PZU Kindlustus
- Home insurance mitigates risks in the event of unexpected events
- Commercial insurance is flexible and has a wide insurance cover. This is an integrated solution that contains different types of insurance
PZU is AB "Lietuvos draudimas" Estonian branch trademark in Estonia. AB "Lietuvos draudimas" is a Lithuanian insurance company, that is part of the international PZU Group. AS SEB Pank and AS SEB Liising act as the insurance agents of the Estonian branch of AB "Lietuvos draudimas" and have been entered into the list of insurance intermediaries published on the website of the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority. The list is available at www.fi.ee.