- Free service for more secure Internet purchases
- Your bank cards are integrated with the programme automatically
- Authentication is seamless and user-friendly
“3D Secure” is a solution created by international card organisations that employs additional identification of the cardholder to make Internet purchases more secure. This will reduce the potential for any card fraud online. Even if bank card information is copied, the imposters will not be able to use that information alone to pay for purchases at online shops that have joined the programme.
We will integrate all your SEB issued bank cards with the 3D Secure programme automatically. Use of the programme is free and means just one additional identification when making an online purchase.
Those online shops that have joined theis security system will feature the “Mastercard ID Check” logo. To date, all of Estonia’s online shops have joined the programme.
How does the 3D Secure programme work?
- Once you have entered your bank card details during an online purchase, you will be directed to the secure purchase confirmation page, where you will be asked to identify yourself to confirm payment. For this, select a method of authentication, enter your SEB Internet Bank username, and confirm your code.
- Successful authentication re-directs you back to the merchant page.
- Should authentication fail, an alternative method of payment is to be selected for the merchant (an alternative bank card or a bank link for Estonian merchants).
All bank cards issued by SEB are suitable for payments in online shops.
2. Which card rights should be activated in Internet Bank in order to pay with the card at online shops?
- You can pay with the card inat online shops, if the card agreement allows transactions such as “using on the Internet” and “paying in business enterprises”.
- You can view and change your valid rights from the Internet Bank menu item ““Transactions” → “Cards”.
- If the transaction fails, please check the limits set for the card.
You do not need to do anything additional. We will integrate all SEB bank cards issued by SEB bearing the Mastervard and Visa logo with the programme automatically.
Press the “Cancel” button and you will be directed to the merchant to select an alternative method of payment.
If a username or codes are entered incorrectly three times in a row, SEB will block the user account on the Internet Bank for 12 hours. To open your user account, please call our customer support number +372 665 5100.
The websites of all merchants that have joined the programme will feature the “ Mastercard ID Check” logo. To date, the programme has been joined by all online merchants in Estonia, that use the services of banks operating in Estonia, have joined the programme.