Entrepreneurship and innovation
SEB Bank strongly believes that entrepreneurial minds and innovative companies are the key to creating a better world. We are here to help innovative entrepreneurs in their aspirations during both good and bad times. As a leading supporter of business development, we pay particular attention to enhancing the competence and innovation of starting entrepreneurs.
SEB Pank Innovation Centres in Tallinn and Tartu, Delta Centre, are spaces for collaboration and innovation, designed for enthusiasts of financial and various other innovative technologies, start-ups and other small and medium-sized enterprises seeking rapid growth.
Our centre provides space for work and meetings, as well as for events. SEB Pank Innovation Centre also acts as a business incubator for early-stage start-ups that need practical and technological advice to improve their ideas. All this strengthens cooperation between existing entrepreneurs and start-ups.
SEB Growth Programme
In 2018, SEB Pank, in cooperation with the European Innovation Academy, launched a unique business growth programme for the managers and representatives of small and medium-sized enterprises.
An entrepreneur entitled to participate in the programme will be offered advice and given tasks by experienced mentors, aimed at increasing the scope of business of this entrepreneur in a relatively short time. Participants are encouraged to try a variety of development methods, improve their business model, and look for new markets, customers and innovations that would enable to grow their business not just in percentages, but even several times. The programme also includes free events where participants are provided knowledge that can be directly applied in their business. Recognised experts from Estonia and elsewhere share their experience with the participants of the programme.
Over these four years:
- More than 225 companies have completed SEB’s Growth Programme in the Baltics;
- More than 6000 participants have attended the events on site;
- More than 70 live broadcasts have been made on Facebook;
- More than 450,000 Facebook users have liked the Growth Programme.
eAkadeemia is SEB Pank’s entrepreneurship promotion programme, designed for those who are already creating a business as well as for those who are still dreaming of starting their own business. From the eAkadeemia, a start-up entrepreneur gets what he often lacks most: knowledge and valuable advice.
eAkadeemia consists of two parts: an information portal and free events aimed at creating a community of entrepreneurial people.
- The eAkadeemia portal encourages viewers to think through their company in all aspects, starting from the idea, the customer and the business model, its financing, the product or service design, up to the sales and business growth. The portal provides information in the form of videos and articles related to the establishment of a company, as well as advice and experience from experts working in various fields (investment marketing, finance, catering, etc.), which will be of great benefit when starting your own business.
- As part of the eAkadeemia programme, SEB also organises public events to promote entrepreneurship in all three Baltic countries, where the experts share their experience with the participants. At these meetings, participants can also make useful acquaintances and relationships to promote their business. The events of eAkadeemia are also broadcast live on the web.