Open website’s mobile version Top


Opening a current account for businesses registered abroad

Upon opening a current account in SEB for a legal person registered abroad, the following documents must be submitted:

  • registration certificate (when legal person is registered during last 6 months) or extract from the register (not older than 6 months);
  • articles of association or partnership agreement;
  • document about the owners;
  • document about the election/appointment of the management body (management board/CEO);
  • document proving the right of representation (e.g. authorisation document, extract from register about the person with the power of representation, decision of a competent authority, etc.);
  • recommendation letter of the home bank (which includes the data of opening the account and assessment of the client relationship);
  • if a legal person registered in a member state of the European Union wants to receive an income tax incentive, they must submit a respective document of the tax board of the country of location to the bank.

Offshore companies should also submit:

  • Certificate of Good Standing (a certificate proving the payment of the annual fee) (not older than 6 months).

We may request additional documents if necessary. We will review the documents within 10 banking days.

We may request additional documents if necessary. We will review the documents within 10 banking days.

In case of any questions, please contact the non-resident client relations department at .
Contacts of client executives for enterprises registered outside Estonia

All documents submitted to SEB must be:

  1. original documents or notarised or comparably certified copies, and
  2. legalised or certified by a similar certificate (Apostille).

If foundation documents are in a foreign language, the bank shall have the right to demand an Estonian translation thereof that is notarised or translated by a sworn translator. If foundation documents are in English or Russian, no translation is required.

An Estonian branch of a foreign company shall submit a copy of the commercial register card.
A foreign embassy or representation in Estonia shall submit a certification of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia confirming that a foreign representation is opened in Estonia. The certification must include the location of the representation (address) and details about the head of the representation.



Tähelepanu! Teie veebilehtiseja ei vasta SEB kodulehe külastamiseks vajalikele nõuetele. Palun vahetage veebilehitsejat või seadet, millega te veebilehte sirvite.

Attention! Your web browser does not correspond to the requirements needed to visit SEB website. Please change web browser or device that you use for browsing the site.

Внимание! Ваш браузер не отвечает требованиям, необходимым для посещения сайта SEB. Просим поменять браузер или устройство, при помощи которого вы производите поиск в браузере.